Sunday, May 27, 2012

Why I Love Living In New Orleans

Yea, it's hot as hell here. Our crime rate is at the top. The termites are eating our homes and we're not sure what's gonna happen to us when the next "Big One" hits us. But we love living in New Orleans, dawlin. Why? Because wherever you go there's someone you know. 


I walked my dog to the neighborhood snowball stand tonight........that's snow cone to the rest of the world. While I'm at it let me explain the diff between snowball and snow cone. Snowballs are a fine ground ice in any flavor you can think of. Snow cones are shaved ice. BIG DIFFERENCE . Sorry, but I've had snow cones in a few other states......no comparison to a snowball. No pictures..........I ate the snowball on my way home.


Back to topic.........I ran into a high school friend of my daughter whose currently living in Boston. I haven't seen her in 8 years but it was like I just saw her yesterday. She's just as beautiful! I also ran into a grade school friend of mine. We gave each other that "I know you from somewhere look" and then it just clicked. Mind you I'm talking 45 years ago! 


Everyone here knows someone who knows someone. It's just the way we are. No 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon here. We're all 1- 2 degrees away from the person standing in line at the snowball stand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We are beginner bloggers. Please leave comments. We welcome any advice you might want to share with us.
Thanks,
Debbie and Karen